Sunday, April 24, 2011

Crafty Easter!

Holy Week and Easter Weekend have been a flurry of emotions and activities.  I have enjoyed spending lots of time at church this week in musical and reflective pursuits, and I have also enjoyed time with my family at home.  My Sophia constantly pushes me to engage in crafty ventures.  I am easily persuaded but spend most of the time grumbling, "I HATE crafts!"

Dear Sophie, please know that I love you dearly.  I force myself out of my comfort zone so that I can glue, stick, cut and color with you... all so that we may have this sought after thing called "quality time" together.  See my crafty specimens below...

Specimen A: the chocolate molded/ dipped pretzel rods.  
Heaven help me.

Specimen B: The colorfully painted Easter eggs.  
Hush your mouth!  Don't think this is a real craft?  My stained finger tips beg to differ.

Specimen C: the flower-covered Easter bonnet
Behold the craftiness of it all!  There was lots of holding and waiting for glue to dry involved.
And Mama didn't even cuss once.

Specimen D: the Easter basket cupcakes.
This is the ONLY kind of craft that I don't mind making.
And nothing says, "Christ the Lord is risen today" quite like a coconut cupcake that has been stabbed with a bent Twizzler.  Alleluia!

On a more serious note, I wish you all a very Happy Easter.  I hope that you have felt blessed, full of joy and even awe-struck today.  I find myself endlessly singing "I Know That My Redeemer Lives," and that is nothing but a good thing.
"On Easter Day the veil between time and eternity thins to gossamer."  ~Douglas Horton

No comments: