Saturday, August 14, 2010

Like No Time Has Passed...

The planets and the stars were aligned last week and when I was home in North Carolina for a quick, dizzying visit, so was my childhood friend Kirk "Twinkletoes" Sprinkles.  I don't have enough friends who randomly burst into song at the grocery store, and I didn't realize how much I missed the fun that he and I used to have.  It was as though no time had passed when we saw each other again after many years... except for the fact that I now have three children, lots of stretch marks and a few wrinkles.

This is what happened when I remembered that my digital camera has a video function.  I am only sorry that we ran out of memory space before the climactic conclusion of our song... for the children.

Of course I also spent lots of time visiting with family and introducing everyone to the newest little Carson...

Mimi and her grand-girls


In my grandparents' front yard in Jamestown


In bed, eating cookies... just like old times.  Thank You for Being a Friend!

As much as I enjoyed seeing the few friends and family members that we had time to squeeze in, I am glad to be back home.  Home IS where the heart is, you know.  We were so busy, I didn't even get a chance to stop by Krispy Kreme or Bill's Pizza Pub!  Something is seriously wrong with that scenario!  I also don't think I fancy travelling solo with my three children again in the very near future.  Mama needs a massage and a nap... and maybe even a drink!

"I have an answering machine in my car. It says, I'm home now. But leave a message and I'll call when I'm out." --Steven Wright :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a fun mommy.

DKL said...

LOOOOVE the musical clip. I think Whitney would be proud...if she was coherent at the time, that is. :)

Wendy said...

Bill's Pizza Pub!!!

And, I only knew you for a short 4 months back in 97 but you look just the same as you did then...take the compliment, it's the truth!