Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sur-prise! Sur-prise!!

What a great weekend we had!  On Thursday we were joined by Pawpaw, Barbara and Uncle David, and we were all geared up to help George ring in his fourth glorious decade on this earth.  But, first things must come first... Lili enjoyed meeting her Pawpaw for the first time ever.  She agreed with the rest of us.  That Pawpaw is one funny guy.

On Friday, George had the day off, and the gang spent a sunny afternoon playing softball and croquet in our big old Michigan yard. 


 At some point I sneaked inside and decorated the house with giant posters that the kids and I had made earlier in the week.  They looked something like this...
...and here is one created by Sophie...

Somehow I managed to successfully deceive my husband, and he was completely caught by surprise when about 15 of his friends showed up to help with the celebrating.  Yay me!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GEORGE!!!

Uncle David and I did a little cuttin' up and attempted some salsa dancing in the kitchen.

And even Lili agreed it was a great night.  The party atmosphere inspired one of her famous "cheesy grins."

A night of wild partying can certainly wear a fella' out.  Be careful where you fall asleep at our house.  You may just wake up and find that you've been decorated in a festive manner.

As for me... I am now heaving a small sigh of relief.  I am glad I no longer have to tell my husband little white lies.  No more surprises for a while, gang.

No comments: