Thursday, August 26, 2010

Baby's First Ear Infection

Today, in an attempt to be ironic, I dressed Lili in a cheerful yellow t-shirt which reads, "Make Every Day Happy."  The shirt looks especially fabulous when it is being worn by a moaning child with snot bubbling out of both nostrils.  After two unbearable nights with Lili thrashing about and yowling in our bed with us, I decided it was time to go and see our wonderful new pediatrician.  I just had one of those "Mama Feelings;"  I knew it was an ear infection before the otoscope even got involved.

Dr. G. says that waiting almost eleven months to have her first round of antibiotics as a third-born child is a pretty remarkable feat.  Nevertheless I am disappointed.  I am, of course, planning to follow doctor's orders and am looking forward to having my cheerful Lili-pie back on the scene again soon!!

On another note, there is absolutely no problem with her growth.  She weighs just over 20 pounds, which I believe to be fairly average, but she is completely busting the seams on many of the 12-18 month-sized clothes that I have just bought for her.  What's up with that?  She has been mainly wearing 9-12 month clothing from the UK this summer, so I'm wondering if the sizing is very different.  She's not that big, right?  Why is my last baby determined to NOT be a baby, zooming into toddler clothes before her first birthday? 

I am depressed about the brevity of babyhood.  I also saw a Krispy Kreme truck parked outside a local Kroger store today.  It could get ugly, y'all.  I haven't had a Krispy Kreme in far too long and didn't think they were available in Michigan.  I might need to introduce my depression to a box of a dozen glazed.  Just saying.

A sad goodbye to soft footie pajamas... and a fond farewell to this little sad sack...

Feel better li'l Lil!!

No comments: