Sunday, November 11, 2012

So...October Happened

Holy Cow!  Did y'all know it was November?!  We all survived the fall rituals of pumpkin selecting, pumpkin carving, pumpkin soup eating, pumpkin costume wearing, trick-or-treating, and the most dramatic rose ceremony yet (also known as last week's presidential election).  October, for us, has been a wonderfully busy blur.  We have all managed to get to our lessons and practices, get to school on time (most days), and still participate in all of the essential seasonal activities.  My writing has suffered, but my kids are happy, and I am pleased to report that I seem to be keeping my usual seasonal depression at bay with the help of some low dose pharmaceuticals.  Can I get a whoop whoop?

So... for my friend Sonia across the pond, here is a review of our October in pictures....
We picked a peck of impeccable pumpkins at Grandma's Pumpkin Patch.
That kid struggling in the background with the 40 pound pumpkin also belongs to me.
 
Emma's friend Natalie took this lovely photo of us at Bayne's Apple Valley Farm.
There you can buy a $7 caramel apple as big as your head... if you're into that sort of thing.
 
The Sunday before Halloween we all carved our pumpkins.  Lili was much more involved and opinionated this year.
 
I was super excited about my pink pumpkin and thought it only appropriate to give her a hair bow and a set of voluptuous lips.  Lili named my pumpkin Mimi (after her grandmother) and concurred that she (the girl pumpkin) was pretty fabulous.
 
On Halloween night Dad obviously rocked the face paint.
(Sophia went as a butterfly fairy.)
 
Emma dressed as a very unique and jolly elf and was proud to pose with her French "Jacques-o-lantern."
 
Tricks and treats were enjoyed by all (including Lil's best friend Mae).
 
Of course George and I joined in with the festivities.
And for the record, he ain't afraid of no ghosts.
 
We are hopeful that November will bring just as much fun and perhaps a little more down time.  Wherever you are, I hope you are enjoying the season.  Please tell Santa Claus to hold off because everyone at my house is seriously looking forward to Thanksgiving.  Until we meet again...

No comments: