Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It Isn't Cute Anymore...

Maybe I'm being punished for thinking Sophie's cold-ridden voice sounded so cute for the past few days. Of course, I was not happy that my child wasn't feeling her best, but her scratchy throat provided a very scruffy and completely cute tone in her voice. (I am reminded of that episode of Friends when Phoebe discovered she had a sexy singing voice when she had a terrible cold.)
Anyway...the cute factor faded quickly when Sophie and her cold invaded my bed at 1 AM this morning and kept me up for the rest of the night. I have kept her home from school today since she was up half the night coughing, nose blowing, asking for drinks and chatting. I assumed she would be exhausted. Of course, Little Miss Sunshine has been happy as can be and jumping on the trampoline all morning. I, on the other hand, feel and look like something the cat dragged in. I need my sleep.

The cherry on top is that Sophie and I now get to go out to the most dreaded Tesco to do the weekly shopping. So...I am going to muster some enthusiasm and carry on with the day!! I also have a read-through of the play Harvey tonight. I have been cast as Myrtle Mae Simmons in the show after telling the director I would be unavailable this spring. (He was very persuasive.) More details regarding my further adventures with the Radyr Drama Society are sure to follow! Happy Tuesday to all...hope you are feeling more rested than I am!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do believe that I very specifically requested some highlights from The Christmas play that you were in....hmmmm....still waiting Miss Myrtle Mae!

David Carson said...

Ooooo another play? I want a private reading again in your best English dialect!

mamacarson said...

Sorry, Molly. There was no video footage of the last play...none that I have access to, at least. Weren't the fabulous photos enough for you!?
Also, David, since Harvey is an American play, I get to be the offical dialogue coach and teach all of the Brits to talk with an American accent...without sounding like cowboys. ("Private Reading" sounds very mystical. You just made me giggle.)