Saturday, January 10, 2009

So Far, So Good!!

We are now well into January, and I am so pleased to report that I have NOT descended into the depths of depression, insomnia and aggravation!! I am attributing this largely to my daily use of the "LitePod," which I began using back in November. We have also had an unusually cold and sunny December. I am convinced that the sun helps me tremendously.

This is my fourth winter here in Wales, and every year so far, winter has been a dark and dismal time for me. So...hooray for the artificial sunlight! I will take it in whatever form I can get it. Still no snow, but maybe we will get some??

Instead, here is a lovely winter poem by Nikki Giovanni for you from the English teacher. It is aptly entitled "Winter Poem."

Winter Poem
once a snowflake fell
on my brow and i loved
it so much and i kissed
it and was happy and called its cousins
and brothers and a web
of snow engulfed me then
i reached to love them all
and i squeezed them and they became
a perfect spring rain and i stood perfectly
still and was a flower
Nikki Giovanni

No comments: