Thursday, July 9, 2009

Out of the Mouth of Emma


This morning Emma and I were both getting dressed and chatting in my bedroom. I pulled out a rather enormous pair of maternity underwear and commented to her, "Check out my giant pregnancy knickers."
Emma replied, "They match your big pregnant bottom." Nice, right?
Not one to leave things alone, I asked, "Do you really think my bottom looks bigger? Dad says when he's walking behind me, he wouldn't even know I was pregnant."
Emma looked at me with a face as serious as a heart attack and said, "Mom, I think Dad's just saying that to be nice."
So...there you go. If you really want the truth, ask a kid. I still think I prefer my husband's assessment of my derriere, but to be honest, after shopping for a bathing suit this morning, Emma's assessment appears to be more dead on. Yikes!

No comments: