Monday, October 12, 2009

Just to Break Up the Monotony...

I think I finally turned a corner yesterday. I am actually beginning to feel markedly better, which is a very good thing considering the fact that while George was taking Sophie to school this morning, our clever and fabulous decorator/ handy man, Dave, turned up at our door as I sat, teeth and hair un-brushed, nursing Lili in the lounge. Emma, who is home today, running a fever, coughing her head off, and talking a mile a minute, answered the door and let Dave in. I knew we had booked for Dave to come out some Monday in October to do some interior painting, but I obviously wasn't prepared for him this morning.

This is how I know I am starting to get my groove back... I immediately leaped out of the rocking chair, threw a receiving blanket over Lili and the boob and offered to make Dave a cup of tea. Dave accepted, and I easily managed to both feed baby and make the perfect cup of tea with milk and sugar at the same time. This is more like it! I don't mean that I am ready to climb a tree or even go shopping yet, but things are definitely looking up.

Here is an update on Miss Lilianna:
  • She prefers songs by Queen to traditional lullabies. Her favourite at the moment is We Are the Champions performed by none other than her Daddy.
  • Sophie still cannot believe that Lili is her little sister, still regards her as "so adorable," but now has also determined that she is a "Baby Rock Star."
  • Lili prefers never to be put down... seriously never, my back pains don't lie.
  • The health visitor came to see her today and concluded that she looks great and has gained 6 whole ounces weighing in at 6 lb, 12 oz. (We thought she felt chunkier!)

No comments: