Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Don't Stop Believin'!!

I am smiling again today. I am coming to terms with my grief and getting a grip on my hormones. Today the health visitor called me and said, "You know when you have to stop nursing suddenly, your hormone levels drop. You need to be taking your fish oil." Yes, yesterday I started to work out the fact that hormones were at play. I know it is normal to be sad when in my situation, but I was crying bucket loads of tears.

So... I have now resumed the fish oil that had been forgotten in the midst of all of this madness and other medications. I have also added B-complex and have been turning on my SAD lamp in the mornings. Not least of all, I finally got to watch the sneak peek of Glee last night here in the UK, and that perked me up instantly and took me back to my own high school show choir days. Today Emma has been off school with a horrible case of tonsillitis. (Seriously, you should see this girl's tonsils!) We had a really nice day together with Lili. We listened to lots of music (including Journey's Greatest Hits). We danced, we sang, and I started to smile again.

Sophie was back at school today. She got to visit Santa in his toy mine at the Rhondda Heritage Park. She says she had a brilliant day, even though it wasn't the real Santa. (She could just tell by his face.) She sat with Rocco on the bus, and when I asked about Rocco, she said, "You know; he's the one with the orange coat. He's a lot like me because we both like to laugh a lot." She also got a Christmas card covered in kisses from her new love interest, Dmitry. She still fancies Harry L. and has also added Jack W. to her list of boy toys. What a girl!

While Emma was home with me today, we discussed many important things. One topic which was brought up by Emma was the fact that she didn't think it was very healthy OR very sensible for Santa Claus to be eating mince pies and cookies at every single house he visits. I think Santa might be getting carrots and celery at our house this year. I also realized today, that she has been moving the three wise men a tiny bit closer to the nativity set each day. The baby Jesus has been moved into a plant pot and will join the scene on Christmas morning. Clever girl.

When Sophie got home from school, we carried on with singing and dancing. We decided that Here Come the Girls by Ernie K. Doe is our new theme song. We also downloaded X-Factor winner, Joe McElderry's new single, per Sophie's request. Maybe he will beat out Rage Against the Machine for Christmas Number One? Only nine more sleeps according to the Cadbury's chocolate Advent calendar!

Boobie Update: When I took Emma in to the doctor this morning, Dr. Morris (whom my husband calls hot lady doctor - because she is) had another feel, and said she thought it had definitely improved since yesterday. She is still trying to book me in for a scan at any hospital that will take me, and shares my frustration with that situation, but it does seem that things are improving and definitely not getting worse. Hopefully I will get through this all with nothing more than nuclear strength antibiotics. Thanks again for all of the encouragement, commiserations and prayers!!

No comments: