Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Baby's First Virus

I'm pretty sure it wasn't the sunshine that made us sick, but shortly after our visit to the park on Saturday, Lili and I started feeling completely rotten.  Since Saturday we haven't really seen much improvement.  I expect I would feel much better if I could only get a good night's rest, but that isn't happening with my pitiful, miserable bedfellow.  All through the night, Lili is up coughing and howling so mournfully.  Her rattly, raspy moaning is absolutely heartbreaking at two in the morning.

So that's where we've been these past few days.  I am really hoping that we will start to feel better ASAP.

On a lighter note, before she fell ill, Lili started to enjoy one of her Christmas presents from Santa (pictured below).  She really seemed to appreciate being able to stand among us and having a different vantage point.  Emma and Sophie also thought it was fabulous that Lili could stand up like a little person and have a chat with them.  Sophie kept shaking her hand and saying, "Nice to meet you, my fine lady!" 

(Look at those little toes!!)
So...here's hoping that the next time I write, both of my shoulders won't be covered in baby snot!

No comments: