Thursday, April 29, 2010

My Blog is Having an Identity Crisis

Since we are all moving back to the US this summer, I find myself wondering if I can still be Mama Carson Across the Pond?  I suppose I will still be across the pond from all of my British friends, right?  Perhaps my title will need a bit of a tweak.  I am open to suggestions.  I am also open to the immense feelings of "reverse culture shock" that I expect to be experiencing this summer.

Soon you will be able to read about all of the things I miss about the UK.  You can look forward to reading about my yearning for the almost daily walks that my friends and I take along the Taff Trail.  These walks out in the fresh air really feed my spirit, and there is practically nothing that we haven't discussed whilst walking.  (I mean it.  Nothing. Trust me on this.)  I am finding it difficult to imagine finding a way to fill the void that will be left when I no longer have my morning walks with Sonia, Jo, Rose, and the others who join us on occasion.  The scenery isn't bad either...


Right now everything is green and vibrant, but there is a different kind of stark and dormant beauty along the trail during the winter time too.

The truth is that after we move, I am unlikely to find the same kind of company, and the British countryside will not be available to me in Michigan.  I do hope, however, that I can find something to fill the void.  Moose and blueberries, anyone?