Sunday, June 6, 2010

I Don't "Do" Goodbye


Lili had a big night out in Barry last night.  She helped us celebrate Leanne's 40th birthday.  Disco lights and sparkly mylar balloons are a baby's best friend... 
Wow!  She was impressed, as Sophie would say.

On a more somber note, there are only two weeks between me and a long flight to Kalamazoo.  (Ok, I'm not actually going to Kalamazoo, but it's in the same general region, and isn't it just fun to say Kalamazoo.  Go on... "Kalamazoo-zoo-zoo-zoo-zoo.")  I have only two weeks left to soak in all that is Wales.  Last night when George (and Lili) and I went to that birthday party, I was very aware that it would probably be last time I saw most of those lovely people.  If you know me, you know that I don't care for tearful goodbyes.  I really cannot even face tearful goodbyes.  I am always afraid that if I start, I won't be able to turn off the tap.  Please don't tell me goodbye.  Let me leave with my digntiy and my mascara in tact.  You are, however, allowed to hug me and say, "See you later."  "Alligator" is optional.  Have we now clearly established the ground rules? 

I know I've got a lot of "goodbyes" ahead of me in the next two weeks, so I need to make sure we're all on the same page here!  And just so you know, here is what Lili thinks about it all...


"Saying Goodbye, Why is it sad?  Makes us remember the good times we had.  Much more to say, foolish to try.  It's time for saying goodbye."  -The Muppets (just before they "took Manhattan")

No comments: