Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Please Baby, Mama NEEDS to Blog!

It has been a little bit difficult to write lately because quite frankly Lili does not approve.  Anytime I sit down at the computer, she is there, standing next to my chair on dainty tiptoes, yanking my hands repeatedly away from the keyboard.  You might be thinking, "Why doesn't she write while Lili naps?" to which I would respond,

"Have you met Lili??"  She still catnaps sporadically during the day, preferably on my shoulder, NEVER in her own bed.  It's alright though because she is very cute and sweet and did I mention she's my last?  Nap time was never established since I  have two other kids who always seem to need to be toted around here and there.  Lili catches zzz's in the car, in the stroller, or in the baby backpack.  Whatever.  It is what it is.  Right now I have a few minutes of peace as she is seated on the floor next to me wildly shaking a crackly-sounding Barnes and Noble bag.  You should try it sometime.  It looks like fun.

I am finding it hard to believe that this little imp will be ONE next week!  I will sadly say goodbye to my last baby while I excitedly anticipate all of the fun things this next year will bring.  I am already LOVING the very deliberate, squeezy, heartfelt hugs around the neck that I get from that little girl.  Her 'hugs with kisses combo' is unfortunately reserved only for other children right now (she is especially generous with our little friend Riley), but I know my time is coming.  "Ma ma ma ma ma..." will soon morph into very intentional words and sentences.  And "peek-a-boo" and "This little piggy..." are merely the tips of the toddler iceberg.

Lili is not the only one bringing glee to my life these days of course.  Today for some reason, Emma has been especially hilarious.  At her dental appointment, she was asking me about some "WWJD" bracelets that had been in the prize box there.  I explained the acronym, and she scrunched up her face and replied, "Well, I can tell you what Jesus WOULDN'T do!  He would wear a sorry-looking, plastic bracelet like that."

And the zingers just kept coming.  Later this evening, when she and Sophie were getting ready for gymnastics, she asked if she could wear a different leotard because "this one can give a girl the opposite of a wedgie."

"WHAT," I asked, "is the opposite of a wedgie?"

"I guess it's a vaj-edgie."  was her logical response.  I almost peed myself laughing.  And although she will probably never forgive me for posting that little tidbit on the Interwebs, I just couldn't keep it to myself.  I think Emma may have just coined a fantastic new term.  Try it out on your friends when appropriate.

Maybe these things aren't actually that funny, but George has been gone all week, and I have been starved of alone time and grown up conversation.  It doesn't take much for me this week.

We will meet again the next time I am able to sit at my computer without an infant protesting too much.  Au Revoir!

4 comments:

The Faircloth's said...

Are you sure Sarah and Lily aren't related somehow? When I read your posts about Lily, I swear I am reading about my little Sarah. Maybe it's that they were born in the same week. Who knows? I too have a no-napping, running here and there, mommy clinging kiddo. Like you though, I am cherishing every moment because she is definitely my last!

JaclynJohnson said...

OMG. Vaj-edgie made me laugh out loud! Chad and I surrended this weekend when we realized that Jake is completely confused napping at home on Saturdays and Sundays after napping on a mat with his friends (and a teacher patting his back) all week at school. So, we're just going with the flow. If he sleeps, he sleeps. Whatev. Last baby here too! :-)

Unknown said...

So glad I stopped by today to see the latest in the Carson world...Emma you are truly a rock star!

Donna said...

I'm glad Emma recognizes the dumb-ness of those WWJD bracelets :).It's not the message that's dumb, it's the bracelet, as she says :).