Thursday, November 11, 2010

My Little "Pick Me Up"

Yes, my last post was a bit dismal.  I think we can attribute that largely to the fact that George has been out of town all week.  (But he will return tonight!)  George is often the foil to my inner worrier.  When I grumble and fret, he reminds me about all of the good things about any given situation.  He reminds me about scientific and social progress.  He argues that something good can come out of everything, and he is an excellent arguer.

Without George here this week to lift me out of my fretful funk, I have figuratively leaned on the little munchkin who is literally leaning on my chest right at this moment.  For my gorgeous little Lili, life really is a bowlful of cherries... or perhaps a bowlful of Cheerios in her case.  The worst thing that happens in her life is that Mama occasionally leaves the room for a few seconds while she throws herself down on the floor and has a right proper strop about that.  (Yes, my clingy infant has now blossomed into a fabulous, clingy toddler.) 

The first human interaction I had today was the feeling of her little arms wrapped so tightly around my neck followed by her dainty lips planting an exquisite kiss on my cheek.  Then her dimpled hands caressed my face as she purred with delight, "Mama!"  So today I am beyond complaining.  Instead I am filled with warm and fuzzy gratitude and mushy gushy love.  From the beginning, life with Lili has not been easy peasy lemon squeezy, but I would do it all again a hundred times because she has become the most loving little person I have ever known.  Her Dad and her sisters will vouch for that.  (By the way, I love all of them just as much!  How blessed am I??)

Sweets for the sweet
On another note, since George has been away, Lilianna Gwyneth has just taken off!  That girl is practically running all over my house.  Last night I looked away for a moment while I was talking to Sophia, and when I looked back, Lili was standing on the open door of the dishwasher pulling glasses out of the dishwasher's top rack!  Welcome to toddlerhood!  It's on!

"Father asked us, 'What was God's noblest work?' Anna said, 'Men', but I said 'Babies'. Men are often bad, but babies never are." -Louisa May Alcott

No comments: