Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My Week With Mitch

This week I have spent a good bit of time with Mitch the painter.  Mitch resembles John Jacobson (show choir choreographer extraordinaire) in manner and voice.  I am pretty sure he is constantly high on paint fumes as he becomes far too excited about ordinary topics of conversation.  Mitch also has a startlingly loud voice and has scared the crap out of me several times this week when he comes up the stairs and his flamboyant voice booms something like, "Hey!!  Do you mind if I use the slop sink in your laundry room??"   Mitch has been re-painting our basement after the flood fiasco of 2011.  The basement looks great now that it has been painted in the lovely shade of "Goodwin Court".  (Ah, I know you are just picturing it right now.)  The key to Mitch's speed and accuracy, as far as I can determine, is the horrifying death metal he plays in the background all day long.  I can only surmise that Mitch paints so furiously well due to his fear that the devil himself is about to drag him to Hades through the speakers of his portable stereo.

I am really going to miss Mitch.  I think we will have to have him back again soon to spruce up some of the upstairs rooms...

No comments: