Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Dydd Gŵyl Dewi Sant Hapus!

It's St. David's Day again, and we have done just a little bit over here to celebrate the day.  First I did what every self-respecting Welsh granny does today.  I made my own Welsh cakes from scratch.  Thank you, Delia Smith.  I would have made you proud.  I have to admit that I am just a little bit proud of myself.

Next I sauteed up some chopped bacon and leeks in a pan with some butter.  That's right.  I said bacon and leeks.
Then I added some white wine, cream and Parmesan cheese and tossed it all with some pasta.  Trust me.  The leeks make it Welsh, and it had me singing that favorite rousing hymn of Welshmen from the Valleys to the Brecon Beacons: "Feed Me Till I Want No More."

Emma and Sophie helped make a Welsh dragon out of Lili's hand prints.
Mostly we just enjoyed having a meal with our favorite Welsh  lass, Lilianna Gwyneth.  Those Welsh kids are fabulous dinner companions...
"Yes, those are leeks stuck to my eyebrow."
Come dine with me!   I'm a star as you can see!

No comments: