Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring Snow Day Number Two

Today was Day Two of our Spring Snow Spectacle.  School was canceled again.  My choir's Lenten concert at church was also canceled.  I could have been annoyed or depressed, but instead I chose to take the "Whee-Monster" out on the sled and pull her around the neighborhood.  She did not disappoint and cried out "Whee!  Whee!  Whee!!" all the way home.
Her glee was so contagious that we all had to take turns running with her en tow.


That was the only sane thing I did today since shortly after our jog through the snow, I thought I should take all three girls bathing suit and shoe shopping.  Lord help me!  Bathing suit shopping after you've had three children is depressing enough WITHOUT having those three children in the dressing room with you as you attempt to squeeze your stretch marks into some horrible piece of floral lycra.  Lili dumped goldfish crackers all over the floor, pulled everything out of my wallet and made several great escapes under the dressing room door while I was in my underwear.  Sophie and Emma helpfully giggled and regarded my cellulite with great skepticism throughout this process.  Then Sophia found my camera hidden somewhere in the depths of my giant purse and began a Cover Girl photo shoot with Emma whilst Lili pulled off her socks and shoes and rolled around on the floor.  I am pretty sure I have deleted all of the photos that included images of my half-nude pale body partially stuffed into a tankini.  Here is one of the few survivors...

To answer your question... no, I didn't buy a bathing suit.  I gave up and we headed for the shoe department where entirely new mountains of drama erupted.  By the time we were finished three-fourths of us had new summer sandals, and Emma learned an important lesson about not settling for whatever happens to be available.  Then we took our little boxes of sandals and trudged through the snow and slush back out to our car.  I love spring in Michigan.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Bless your heart! I only have one child and don't dare take her with me when I'm trying on clothes, especially bathing suites...since I have to try on 200 of them before I find one that makes me look less like a whale! At least you have the older 2 to entertain her a bit, LOL! Emma is totally striking a pose in that pic:)

mamacarson said...

I really don't know what I was thinking, Wendy!