Friday, September 30, 2011

Somebody Special is Two!

She thought it was just an ordinary day even though everyone kept wishing her a "Happy Birthday."  She merely returned the greeting.  "Happy Birthday, Daddy!" she called to my husband as he walked out the door this morning.  I suppose it was a pretty ordinary day up until this evening.  Even Mom's delicious tortilla soup was a wonderful but ordinary meal.

Today's soup was "lick your fingers" good though, if I do say so myself, and the photos don't lie, friends.
C'est Magnifique!

Shortly after dinner, however, Lili came to the realization that something wonderful was happening.  I think this photo nicely captured the moment of glee when it all clicked.
"Oh!  It's MY birthday!!"
And because she is such a wonderfully fabulous and amazing TWO year old now, she managed to blow out her own candles.  I was a bit impressed apparently.  Sophia asked, "Why are you screaming, Mom?"  Sorry.  It's just what I do when I witness a child-birthday-prodigy.

Of course the fun and regaling is far from over.  We are still Carsons, and we believe that children's birthdays should be celebrated thoroughly and over the course of a couple of days.  Tomorrow evening a few friends will join us for a Sesame Street themed birthday shindig.  Lili is currently obsessed with all things Sesame Street, and as you can see, I am doing nothing to discourage this. 

After opening a few Sesame Street themed gifts tonight, Lili decided to adopt all of the Sesame Street characters and make them a part of our family.  She just tucked Ernie Carson into bed... right next to Elmo Carson.  Of course.
"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." - Dr Seuss

No comments: