Thursday, December 29, 2011

Sleigh Bells in the Air... Beauty Everywhere...

Christmas has come and gone in a blur of twinkly lights, carols, sugary concoctions, jingling bells, sticky kisses, whispered prayers, and yule tide cheer.  Here are a few of the highlights that I was able to catch with my camera.

The night before Christmas eve, these jolly little elves worked diligently to construct this delightful-looking gingerbread house which served as a perfect centerpiece to our holiday table for the next few days.  Never mind the fact that my two-year-old ate 37 gumdrops and 24 M&m's for dinner that night.

On the morning of Christmas eve, George managed to make festive pancakes even though we couldn't scare up any food coloring.  Sophia and her little sister were rather impressed...


At four o'clock, we all went to church, dragging Pawpaw and Uncle David along with us.  Emma rang with the Prime Chimers, Sophia had a lovely reading during the sermon and George and I made it through the Minuet Noel before my voice completely frogged-out on me.
Making beautiful music...

It had been a LONG time since I had sung with my husband.  We thought we should take a photo to mark the occasion.  Perhaps the new year will hold more musical opportunities for us both.

After our traditional Christmas Eve spaghetti, we opened a few presents...

And I remembered my dear friend Myrt by topping her Christmas cookie plate for Santa with her favorite "doo doo balls".  She undoubtedly would have approved of my sock monkey nightgown as well.  It was also apparent that Santa approved since ALL of the doo doo balls were gone the next morning.

On Christmas morning I traditionally make something a bit naughty.  This year's cinnamon rolls with chocolate icing were no exception.  Lili thought they were spectacular... finger-licking-good to be perfectly  descriptive...


Mimi arrived on Christmas Day just as Pawpaw and Uncle David were making their way home.  There were more presents and good meals to be enjoyed with her.  My favorite thing that I found under the tree was...

Can it be true that it is all coming to an end?  We are finally beginning to tire of holiday ham and cheesy made-for-TV Christmas movies.  It must be time to ring in the new year with countdown lists of the worst fashion faux pas and political gaffes of 2011.  Luckily we have a few photos and some sweet memories from this year's Christmas.  Mimi was only with us a few days, but while she was here, she conducted art classes in our basement for Emma and Sophia.  Both girls painted a stretched canvas flag for their rooms and are so pleased with this memento.

Happy Christmas to you all!

No comments: