Monday, March 29, 2010

Showdown at the Not-So-OK Corral

Lili and I are having a bit of a battle of wills.  She doesn't know this, which is probably why she is winning.  Sharon, I love ya, but I am tired.  On three of the six nights since I started refusing mid-night snacks to Lili, she has decided that playtime is just as good as snacktime.  Anywhere from 3:30 a.m. on, she wakes up, coos, laughs, gurgles, cries a bit, blows raspberries, kicks fiercly and rolls around like a crazy person until the break of dawn.  Life was easier when I was just giving her the milk and sending her back to sleep.

I think I have been beaten at this game by a six month old cutie britches.  Last night when she woke up, I didn't even bother to look at the clock.  I just gave her the milk and then went back to sleep.  (And she did too...until 8:30!!)  Today I am happy and rested again.  So judge me if you will, but I have decided that with a looming trip to the US, with hours on a plane followed by jetlag and confusion, this is not the time to make a stand.  It is time to get some sleep any way it will come.  I am admitting defeat...but only temporarily.  This girl WILL sleep through the night one day.  (I'm talking about me!)

I will soon post pics and info about our lovely long weekend away in Bluestone.  What a lovely time we had, despite Lili's late-night antics!

1 comment:

Neliza said...

If we actually had kids, Keary would have to be the mid-night bottle giver. He's up at random times all night long anyway -- he gets up to play PS3 poker, to take a bath, to watch the sunrise, to look for the cats, to watch shows he recorded days ago on the DVR...

Good luck with all that.