Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Lili Crawls... and Produces Vast Quantities Snot

Lili worked out how to shift out of reverse and into first gear on the evening of Mother's Day.  She was motivated by a pair of tasty glasses which had been left on the floor to tempt her.  I know I should have immediately "blogged" this big news, but later that same night a cold virus kicked in and the girl has been a grizzly, snotty mess ever since.  (Translation: I have had about 20 minutes of sleep a night for the past three nights and have been toting around a miserable, snot-dripping babe during all of the daytime hours.  You know the drill.)

It's my own fault for bragging to George on Sunday.  I said something foolish like, "I finally feel like I am getting stronger again and starting to get back to my old normal self."  As soon as I said those words, I tried to grab them and shove them back into my mouth, but it was too late. 

My friend, Sensible Sonia, who always knows the proper thing to say, told me this morning:  "At least you were feeling well and strong before all of this sleep deprivation hit; otherwise, think of the state you'd be in!"  Too true.

I do need to get some rest soon.  I am feeling a bit like the walking dead today.  Sophie has another boyfriend coming to visit after school today, so I will have to do my best not to do anything too frightening.

More cute baby stories, move updates and photos are coming I'm sure... as soon as I get 40 winks.

No comments: