Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy December!

This morning when George's alarm went off (far too early), the song that played on his clock radio was  "Winter Wonderland."  When I finally managed to pry my eyes open, I noticed that it actually looked a bit like a winter wonderland in our back woods.  I failed to become excited about this until a little later in the day. Lili has been making a nasty habit of waking us up in the middle of the night in hopes that we will play peek-a-boo with her for an hour or two.  The end result of those shenanigans is a not-so-chipper mama in the morning, one who snarls things like, "Don't forget your lunch box!!  I love you.  Grrr!"

After I got up and showered and got myself out and about in the aforementioned winter wonderland, I noticed that it was indeed quite lovely.  Lili and I managed to finish our charity Christmas shopping, pick up a little Christmas something for George AND stock up on some new festive Christmas lights.  The variety of lights out there is absolutely glee-inducing!  (Candy cane rope lighting is super cute for the record.)

Sophie was disappointed that the snow didn't stick much to the ground, but it really looked beautiful falling throughout the day... and I have a feeling she will get her fill of snow as the winter arrives and lingers here in Michigan.

On a completely different note, over the Thanksgiving holidays while I was in the kitchen doing dishes (one of my most frequent chores), Sophie and Emma sat at the kitchen table drawing and I couldn't help but overhear this conversation...

E: OK, Sophie, truth or dare?
S: Uhhhhmmm... Truth!!
E: Hmmm.  Ok, well, the truth is Sophie, sometimes when you wake up in the morning, your hair looks really crazy.  I'm sorry, but that IS the truth.

Sophie was not at all bothered by this news and has been known to mess up her hair intentionally for a laugh, and I was certainly amused by their misunderstanding of the "Truth or Dare" rules.  I'm not even sure where they learned about the game anyway...somewhere out there in the big bad world.  Later on Emma dared Sophie to give her all the money she had in her piggy bank, and Sophie decided that she didn't want to play "Truth or Dare" any more.

Lili is also doing her part to keep me entertained.  She has learned the word, "uh-oh!"  That tiny lilting voice calling out "Uh Oh!" is one of the sweetest things ever...even if it follows a box full of raisins being dumped in the floor. Uh oh.

Happy December All!

No comments: