Monday, May 16, 2011

Bubble Bliss

My youngest daughter is nearly 20 months old.  I know!  I cannot believe it either.  Even more unbelievable is the fact that she had her very first ever bubble bath this past weekend.  How is it possible that she has been deprived of bubble baths for her entire life?
 We don't tend to take bubble baths at our house since several of us have sensitive skin, but when Sophie started to feel a bit unimportant near the end of Emma's birthday party on Saturday evening, I convinced her that a special jacuzzi bath with her baby sister would cure what ailed her.  My mom had just sent us some fancy organic lavender bubble bath, so that went into the water as well... and Voila!  We had just produced the world's happiest baby.  He cheers of, "BOBBLE!  BOBBLE! BOBBLE!!!" could be heard all over the house.

I really love living with a toddler.  A toddler knows nothing of holding back emotions.  So while we sometimes have back-arching, howling temper fits, we also have the other side of the coin: unbridled, excitement, joy and elation that result from life's simplest pleasures.  I had forgotten how enchanting a bubble bath could be.  While watching two of my girls, giddy and covered in suds, I had a distinct and fond memory of being in the bath when I was about five and covering my hands and arms in long, white, foamy bubble-gloves.  What pure delight!

So it probably goes without saying... this was the first of many bubble baths.  Could you send us some more of that good stuff, Mimi?  :)

And let it also be told that the bubble bath sorted Sophie's green-eyed monster right out!

"There must be quite a few things that a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." ~Sylvia Plath

No comments: