Friday, July 8, 2011

Summering In Michigan

Summertime in Michigan almost makes up for the suffocating, frigid, seemingly interminable winter.  Almost.  But as I have said before, I genuinely love Michigan in the summertime, and here are some more reasons why...








As you can see I took my girls and some blueberry-loving, enthusiastic friends out to Freeland this morning to pick blueberries.  We came home with three buckets full, blue stained fingers, and big plans.  I see blueberry pancakes, cobblers, buckles and smoothies in our futures as well as more blissful Michigan summer days.

"In summer, the song sings itself."  ~William Carlos Williams

1 comment:

Katy said...

No idea what I've been doing every year before this, but I feel like this is one of the first summers that I've REALLY enjoyed! And it's going by too fast!

(Maybe I just forget about enjoying the past summers because there is SOOO much winter in between....)