Sunday, July 17, 2011

Wonderful Summer Weekend

I love summer.  I love weekends.  Combine the two, and I am in paradise.  This weekend proved to be especially wonderful.  It was full of unexpected moments of perfection like this one when the girls stumbled across a magic froggy (or toad?) in the front yard...

Shortly thereafter the big kids and I went to a local beach with an old friend and her children.  Lili stayed at home with her Dad, and I was able to swim and frolic with my big girls in ways that my toddler buddy usually prevents.
I love reunions with old friends!

Unexpectedly our friends were easily persuaded to spend the night, and we let the proverbial good times roll.  A backyard campfire and a couple of summer strawberry margaritas accompanied our jolly evening.  The second best thing about the night was these Reece's peanut butter cup s'mores.  
Have mercy.

The best thing about the evening was the good company we found ourselves in... and the awesome dance party that spontaneously broke out on our back deck.
"We’re going at it tonight. 
Tonight there’s a party on the rooftop top of the world!"

And better still... in a moment of weakness this rock star let her mama give her a big hug right in front of our too-cool-for-words company.  Keep it coming, Summertime!
"Summer is the time when one sheds one's tensions with one's clothes, and the right kind of day is jeweled balm for the battered spirit.  A few of those days and you can become drunk with the belief that all's right with the world."  ~Ada Louise Huxtable

No comments: