Thursday, March 19, 2009

What Do You Do With a Scurvy Pirate?

It's oh so quiet here this afternoon. Emma went home with her best friend Lili after school, so I am here on my own with just Sophie...and it's so strangely quiet. Sophie says she is very happy to have a break from her sister, which I can understand. Absence does make the heart grow fonder, and a little peace and quiet is very good for the soul.

So since we have this quality time with just the two of us, I have taken the opportunity to chat with Sophie about exactly what she is hoping will go down at her pirate party this weekend. I am still reeling over the fact that all ten of the children she invited have agreed to come. I honestly don't know where I am going to put them all, but at least, after my chat with Sophie, I do know what I am going to feed them and what she wants them all to do. There will be cheese balls, sandwiches, a chocolate layer cake and ice cream, dancing, games, and treasure hunts involved. And afterwards, there will be napping...on my part.

Stay tuned for more details.

No comments: