Saturday, April 3, 2010

Rat-a-tat-tat! Ahh-cha-cha!!!

There's no business like show business...

This may be just a taste of what I have in store if Lilianna decides to follow in her parent's theatrical footsteps.  What is most funny is that my Sophie is the one who set up this scenario.  She even stuffed the top of the hat with toilet roll so that it would sit at that perfect jaunty tilt on little Lil's head.  Sophie and I definitely share a sense of humour and an appreciation of all things fabulous... "Everything about it is appealing..."


There is a little game I like to play at my house.  Usually it is my own little secret game, but sometimes George catches on to the fact that I'm playing.  The game involves singing a line from a random song within earshot of someone else in the family.  Then I just wait... only a few seconds before that person unconsciously picks up where I left off.  I don't know why it amuses me so.  I love the fact that it seems completely involuntary.  We Carsons just GOTTA SING!!!  It works on everyone in the house except Lili, but I assume she will be an unwitting participant before too long.

Imagine this familiar scenario....
Meredith: The phone rings in the middle of the night...
(Approx. 2 second pause)
George (in the same key): My father says, 'What you gonna do with your life?'  Oh Daddy Dear, you know you're still number one, but girls, they wanna have fun.  Oh, girls just wanna have fun... (And he will finish the entire song whilst I snigger in the corner.)

Next time you visit, you should have a go. 

No comments: