Saturday, December 17, 2011

Haircuts are Contagious Around Here

I had been noticing over the past week or so that our resident toddler's hairdo was becoming a bit wacky and unmanageable.  On yesterday she agreed and declared, "I want Kasey to take my haircut!!"  Kasey is a good friend who also happens to be pretty great cutter of hair.  We were really in luck because it turned out that Kasey was working an had an appointment free just for Lili.  Hooray!

"I am ready, Kasey!  Take my haircut!"

There at the salon, the little person who terrorizes me night and day, sat and behaved like a perfect angel throughout the entire haircut.  The little person who, ten minutes before her appointment, had been standing atop a chair in my kitchen, waving a magic wand and commanding, "YOU MAKE ME EGGS!" stayed still and on her bottom with a perfectly cherubic look of innocence on her face like this...


Of course I am not complaining.  I am glad that she is able to exhibit self control and that she doesn't behave like an ornery warthog every moment of the day.  The results were beautiful hence Lili's frequent declaration, "I so so cute!"

Post-haircut Lili came home and took this photo of herself.
I guess she actually is "so so cute."

In fact Lili apparently looked so doggone cute that my daughter Sophia insisted that she too needed to visit Kasey for a new 'do today.
Of course she had to have the full salon experience.

Lookin' good!

And because the day hadn't been girly enough already, George and I took Miss Sophia to get her ears pierced tonight as well.  She is pretty pleased with her new little silver studs.


"New Earrings" was the "treat" inside today's Advent calendar drawer.  When Sophie read the news, she was so excited since she knew this meant that she was actually getting her ears pierced!  Emma got to pick out a few new pairs of earrings too, so do not worry.  There was absolutely no sister snarling or reverse "Marsha! Marsha! Marsha!"-ing.

And perhaps the best thing of all about today is that it is now snowing! And I am STILL dreaming of a white Christmas.  I am pretty sure that my husband promised me white Christmases when we moved to Michigan.  He may be in trouble this year.  (And don't even get me started on the almost white Easter we had this year, but I digress.)

Happy Festivities, Friends!
Love,
Meredith

No comments: