Friday, November 21, 2008

Gratitude and Contentment


Hello All!

Obviously I have decided that I've had it up to here (pointing to my eyebrows) with freewebs and all of its slowness and faults, so I have moved here to blogspot. The web address isn't too different from my other one, and this already appears to be much more user friendly. I am, therefore, likely to blog more frequently.... we shall see.


It is always at this time of year that I feel like patting myself (and George) on the back for whatever we have done to raise such content children for it is at this time of year that all of our relatives start asking, "What do the kids want for Christmas?" I can honestly say, they seem to want nothing. Neither of them has asked for anything. In fact I was talking to Emma about it the other day and she said she thought she'd ask Father Christmas (yes, she's totally British now) to just bring her something that he thinks she would like.


I'm sure life won't always be this simple and easy. One day they will be asking for ipods and blackberries and Ugg boots or whatever the "thing" is, but for now, I am savouring it. We will be having our Thanksgiving dinner this weekend since I am performing in A Christmas Carol in Radyr all next week. So when we pause to think about the things we are grateful for, two little girls who have learned to embrace the magic of the season without all of the materialism will top my list. God bless us, every one! :)



2 comments:

momma cook said...

Hey, it would be really cool if you posted some video of your play! ...hhhmmmmmmmhhhh.

mamacarson said...

Yeah, I am feeling rather joyless about my play at the moment. Feel like I am spending a lot of my "free time" doing something that should be enjoyable but isn't. Bleh! Don't count on seeing any videos of that on here... will definitely post videos of the kids' school Christmas play though!