Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Owl Jammies

When we were home over the summer each of us girls got a few new pairs of pajamas or night gowns. This is all very exciting. I am a firm believer in sleeping comfortably while preferably also wearing some sort of interesting pattern such as tutu-clad, dancing sock monkeys. The photo to the right shows a pair of gorgeous Nick and Nora pajamas I bought for Sophie.

Lately, however, I keep finding this particular pair hidden in various places around her room. They've been shoved beneath the stack of sheets in the closet, in the toy box, and under the bed. Finally it occured to me to ask, "Sophie, why do you keep hiding these owl pajamas??"
The answer was, "Because I don't like them."
Without really thinking, I said, "Oh, Sophie, but these are great! They are my favorite!"
Of course, the cheeky little devil replied, "Then you should have bought them in YOUR size!"
How grand to have a daughter who isn't afraid to speak her mind. That's my girl!

On another note, as grouchy as I've been about the play I'm in, now that we've gotten down to the dress rehearsals, I must admit that I'm enjoying it. Something happens when we all put on our costumes. It is quite good fun to throw on a cape and a bonnet and assume a different accent. I'm sure it will be even more exciting tomorrow night when we actually have a real audience. I will try to take some photos if possible... maybe I can sneak my digital camera on stage. That wouldn't detract at all from the Dickensian atmosphere of the show, right?

No comments: