Monday, April 20, 2009

Back to Life, Back to Reality

Monday morning has brought with it then end of the Easter holidays. Emma and Sophie are back in school, and thankfully our morning went rather smoothly. Much to my surprise, I didn't have to drag Sophie out of bed at all. In fact, she came up behind me at about quarter to eight and shouted, "Boo!" When I turned around, she was already dressed in her school uniform. Way to start off a Monday!

The sun is shining, and the birds are singing and no one had a strop this morning...well, only me a little, but I do have an excellent excuse. Blame it on the hormones.

I did remind Emma on the way to school that she was allowed to tell our secret now, so of course, as soon as we walked through the school gates, she told everyone: friends, acquaintances and strangers, "MY MOM IS HAVING A BABY!!" It turns out I am not the only one. The mum of one of Emma's best friend's is also expecting a baby this fall... as well as another of my friends who thought she could never get pregnant again. Something in the Welsh water??

After getting the kids off to school and acknowledging all of the congratulations that Emma's announcements had solicited, I met the Radyr Drama costume mistress and headed off with her to a costume shop in Barry. We found a lovely peach 1920's style party dress for my character to wear, and everyone assured me that I really didn't look pregnant at all in it. The costume lady mentioned something about my looking thinner than most young girls these days with thier "muffin tops." I had to laugh. I must also admit that it was quite nice to hear that I looked thin and healthy (even if they were lying) as I have been feeling quite like a tugboat lately.

Harvey opens next Wednesday night, ready or not. I think it will be a great show and have really enjoyed the rehearsals. There was a write-up about it in one of the local magazines that referenced a "real live American" being in the show. If I can get my hands on it, I will post a copy of the article.

Happy Monday to all!

No comments: