Saturday, October 16, 2010

Chicken Soup Two: The Unwanted Sequal

I have spent this past week looking after sick children.  Sophie was the one who started it all last weekend.  Then she shared with Lili who has been utterly miserable all week.  By yesterday it seemed as though everyone was on the mend and feeling better.  We started the day with a healthy breakfast...
These are George's most clever pancakes yet.  Yes,  Dad is great.

Once we had eaten our fill of disguised breakfast, we decided we were all up for a day out in the autumn sunshine.  Grandma's pumpkin patch beckoned...
Lili was the littlest pumpkin (by weight) in our wagon.
I know.  I just want to squeeze her too.  (And I do regularly.)
We are abundantly blessed indeed.

So after a great day out and a good dose of sunshine, we all felt refreshed and ready to take on the world, right?

Oh dear, it looks like my girls have been sharing again.  Not even an hour after returning home, Emma was tucked up in bed with a fever.  She was asleep before I even made it back with that cup of tea she requested.  I  have this sinking feeling that we might be in for a long winter.  Our immune systems have to get acclimated to Michigan living.  Bring on the chicken soup and the echinacea smoothies!

No comments: