Monday, December 21, 2009

Ho ho ho-hum.

I've been resting (sort of) and recovering this week as well as making peace with giving up breast feeding. I took my last dose of antibiotics last night and am still expressing milk every five hours or so. It is my hope that I will be able to keep up my supply just enough to do that last feed with Lili when the drugs have cleared my system. I think this will make me feel a little better about it all. I have an appointment for a scan tomorrow just to be sure that all is well.

Our family is also getting back to normal a bit. Yesterday all of us went out to the cinema to see A Christmas Carol in 3D. My children were very familiar with the story, but the film itself was pretty terrifying for then. Lili was somewhat distressed by the noise, and I contemplated how much easier it was to take her to the movies when I had the milk / comfort on tap. Never mind all of that... I think it was important for us all to have a "normal" day out as a family to prove to ourselves that we could indeed be normal again after all of this past week's drama. After the movie we queued up to see Father Christmas, who was absolutely brilliant. I didn't hesitate once handing my sleeping little elf over to him. She almost woke up for a visit, but it turned out only to be a big stretch; then she drifted back off to sleep in his arms. As expected Sophie and Emma said they didn't need anything but just wanted Santa to bring some surprises. (This makes life so much easier for Santa!)

This morning we woke up to find a snow-covered Cardiff. The kids still had to go to school though. Ho -hum. It just seems wrong to be in school this week especially when there is snow on the ground. On the bright side, maybe I can catch a little nap while they are off. Bottle feeding is completely exhausting!

Happy Winter Solstice to all!

No comments: