Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I Had a Birthday Yesterday...

Some of my most favorite people helped me celebrate.

I had a lovely cake and some flowers as well as lots of carefully chosen greeting cards. (The cake says: Happy Birthday to the Best Mom-- that's me...totally.)

I made a wish (on giant dinner candles since remembering to buy birthday candles is something only moms can manage.)


I had a little help eating my cake.  Even though Lili is not technically supposed to be eating cake at her age, she aggressively protested this policy and earned herself a few bites.  Who could resist?


I was loved and entertained by some of the best in the business.
It was a good day, y'all.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I ALWAYS keep birthday candles on hand just in case, because you are so right, mom's remember those things:) Looks like you had an awesome bday with some super cute little girls!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday, Brother M.!

(For the record, Lumpy (AKA Keary) remembers to even buy candles for friends' birthday cakes.)