Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Skinny (Addendum)

As I type, I am listening to the sounds of three giggling little girls rolling around in the floor of our office.  The littlest Carson is producing some particularly exuberant belly laughs.  Weekends are great.

I realized that in my last family update, I excluded the feline member of our family.  Emily, the cat, is in hog heaven up here.  Although she is supposed to be an indoor cat, she is having none of that.  The call of the forest and of all God's critters is too loud for her to ignore.  She seems to love the sunshine and trees as much as I do.  She has also enjoyed murdering several little woodland creatures and offering them up to us on our back deck as tokens of her unfailing affection.  I guess you can take the cat out of McCleansville, but you can't get that rural, country-lovin' moxie out of the cat.

Additionally, for your viewing pleasure, here is a new candid photo of Baby Lil enjoying her dinner of black beans, tomatoes, cheese and raspberry yogurt.  She still insists on eating by her own self while seated in a chair at the table with us.  Despite her fearsome table manners, she is an absolutely lovely dinner companion who typically laughs at all of our jokes and is up for whatever happens to be on the menu... as long as she gets to feed herself!

"Check out my cute teeth!!"

Have a wonderful week!
Love,  Meredith

No comments: