Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Coming Full Circle

During a quiet hour today while my children were at school, I finished the Christmas tree. The last couple of weeks have been way too full and busy, and we are all tired. This morning none of us were in the best mood. Sophie was actually so angry about having to get out of bed that she spat on the floor! Emma had to be dragged out of bed after sleeping fitfully all night and dreaming about frightful creatures who were out to get her. We all needed a time out and a little more sleep. If I hadn't committed to shopping for all of the food items for this weekend's big PTA Christmas fayre, we'd have all had a lie in, but anyway...

Today after school was a completely different story. The girls and I had such a wonderful afternoon. We put on the Christmas music, pulled out glitter and glue and other crafty stuff and just had a ball. We found a CD called "Papa Ain't Santa Claus and Mama Ain't No Christmas Tree," and Sophie discovered that boogie woogie tunes from the '50s are what have been missing from her life. Emma curled up on my lap (something I should do with her more often) and gushed over how much she loves me. She told me she has loved me ever since the moment she first saw me. She loves me now and in the future and forever and ever... and that her love for me will never die. "Wow", I said, "What did I ever do to deserve such a sweet pea for a daughter?" So...we are all going to bed tonight feeling all warm and fuzzy...a vast improvement from just 12 hours ago.

1 comment:

David Carson said...

Great picture! And a very touching story. I'm feeling a little warm and fuzzy myself.