Monday, December 1, 2008

The Goose is Getting Fat

Oh! The little darlings!! Here is what happens when Emma and Sophie get fed up with my picture taking. "Go on," I said, "Just be yourselves..." and Ta-da! I absolutely love this picture, and think it sums up my children quite nicely. Sophie looks like she has jumped out of the audience of a Metallica concert, but she's still my little angel.

That's more like it. They are dressed, by the way, in their costumes for the school Christmas concert, which will be happening next week. Sophie was given very strict guidelines for dressing. She needed a silver and white angel costume without wings and absolutely nothing gold. Thank you, eBay! Emma, however, was just told she needed to dress as a Christmas "party girl". No problem. She even got to slide her long legs into that lovely red satin dress from Jenny's wedding one more time. I've heard her practicing a song called "I'm a Christmas Cracker." Hopefully she will perform for the video camera, and I will be able to post a performance.

Christmas is certainly on the way. Putting up the decorations tends to be a process which takes several days in our house. The tree is up but not yet decorated. I suppose it's nice to take our time. On Saturday evening after the cast party, Sophie went to sleep, and I sent Emma to pick out a Christmas movie. Little Miss did not disappoint. She came back with White Christmas, perhaps the best movie to start off the season. I have learned today that White Christmas is also a favorite of Emma's great-grandmother. Good taste must run in the family! Happy Holly Hauling and Hall Decking to all!

No comments: