Saturday, December 6, 2008

Everyone Loves a Christmas Fayre...Especially When It's Over!

Strawberry Sophie and Emma the pink cat... Caroline and Lili's mum obviously rocked the face painting at the Christmas fayre. The queue went on forever!

The Christmas Fayre is successfully OVER, and like many things at Christmas time, a lot of work went into the planning and preparation of something that was over very quickly. I'm not sure how much profit the PTA made, but the school was packed...heaving, you might say, and nearly everyone was cheerful! I cannot take all of the credit, of course. I did do a lot of the planning, but for much of the fayre, I stood staring and feeling baffled about how we had managed to get all of it to happen. I had LOTS of efficient helpers. And now, it's over!! This fayre was the most stressful thing I had looming in December, and now it's done and dusted. Time to put my feet up!

George and Michael were Karaoke Extraordinaires today. Can anyone explain to me why nearly every child who visited the Karaoke stall wanted to sing "Merry Xmas Everybody" by Slade??!! If I never hear that song again, it may be too soon.

Sophie has made a lovely Christmas crown AND gotten her nails "did"!! (The quotation marks are there because I am turning slightly obsessive compulsive about grammar. Picture Adrian Monk with a red pen tucked behind his ear.)

No comments: