Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I Can't Wait to Hibernate...

...as Bernie the Bear would say. (Actually I am hoping to avoid hibernation this winter with the help of my "litepod.") Unfortunately, the Carsons, excepting Emma who is completely bored with all of the rest of us, have been under the weather for the past couple of days. I have some sort of a mild, yet still unpleasant, stomach bug, and George and Sophie are all cold-y and scratchy throated. Of course, this is not nice, but it has saved us all from the last-minute Christmas mania that everyone else seems to be wrapped up in.

Most of the friends I chat to over here, are rushing around and too busy to even take a deep breath. We, on the other hand, have been feeling poorly, but cwtched up on the sofa watching some of the most wonderfully horrible Christmas movies you can imagine. Today's top choices were Unlikely Angel starring everyone's favorite disproportionate and adorable country singer, Dolly Parton...as well as Single Santa Seeks Mrs. Claus with the ever-charming Steve Guttenberg (who apparently enjoys jogging in the nude in real life, according to my reliable source, Caroline). Steve's "ho ho ho's" are laughably ho-ho-horrible in the film, but for some reason I can't get enough. I have a sick fascination with cheesy Christmas flicks. Luckily (for me) I think I am rubbing off on my family. (And yes, my mother is indeed responsible for my poor taste in entertainment options. Who knew she and I were both secretly members of the Diagnosis Murder fan club!? Coincidence or much much more??)

So... as much as I hate not feeling my best, I am definitely seeing the silver lining here. Happy Christmas Eve- Eve to all!!

No comments: