Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Exponential Chaos?

So here's what I'm wondering... Since having two kids, it seems as though they very politely take turns having drama. The week before last, Sophie was a right mess. She was grouchy, upset and tired all of the time and even hit the roof when I called her feet "big."

"My feet are NOT big" she snarled, "They are little and cute!!" It doesn't take a genius to understand her issues as the current baby of the family with an ever-growing, pregnant mama. Sophie is generally not a complicated girl. A week off from school and some good doses of one-on-one time with mom seem to have cured her (for now).

Of course, now that she's all hunky-dory, Emma starts up with her own drama about feeling misunderstood, over-burdened and over-'ruled'. (See yesterday's blog post.)

Back to my initial wondering....what happens when there are three kids in the house? Will there still only be one squeaky wheel to deal with at a time, or am I in for a whole new world filled with chaos?

On second thought, please don't answer that question.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It compounds pretty much...you become a skilled referee. Hence, there are days that I say. My ears are out of order right now. I will be happy to speak with you in a sensible manner when you are calm.