Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Hooray for 24 Weeks!!

I had my little sick buddy at home with me again today. This means that my little sick buddy got to accompany me to the hospital for my 24 week scan. Sophie was as good as gold, and the scan looked great. (And yes, to answer your and Emma's question, the baby still appears to be a girl.) I think I may have actually met my consultant today too, but I was in and out of her office so quickly that I forgot to ask her for her name. Assuming she was my consultant, I was impressed by the fact that she appeared to have genuinely studied my file before I entered the room. So instead of asking me why I was there, she began by telling me what her plans were for my care. This was a very nice change.

I think, based on my history, we were both expecting my scan to show some change, but since it didn't (and that's a good thing), she sent me on my way and instructed me to "stay pregnant." I intend to follow those orders to the best of my abilities. I'll be back again in a month, and I hope to have no drama then either.

Since Sophia was such a good girl, we followed our hospital visit with a trip to Borders/ Starbucks where we did some very civilized coffee drinking and book browsing. She is still warm, but seems to be feeling a bit better. She definitely feels well enough to know that two sick days at home with mom all to yourself is a very sweet deal... especially when popsicles are Mom's sore throat remedy. Hopefully she will cool off tonight and be ready to head back to Mrs. Dickson's class tomorrow.

1 comment:

David Carson said...

Well that is wonderful news all the way around! Love from across the pond.