Friday, July 3, 2009

A Poor Sick Peanut

Ho hum. Miss Sophie had a pretty good day on Wednesday, but was obviously not herself again yesterday. We really knew something was up this morning when we found her sleeping on the rug in the bathroom. It didn't even occur to me, but George suggested that I take her to the local surgery since there is not much in the way of after hours care on weekends apart from the hospital emergency room.

So... after taking a less-than-thrilled Emma to school on her own again, Sophie and I trotted over to Radyr Medical Centre where I was surprised to find a young doctor who was very concerned about the peanut's condition. So...now she's on yuck anti-biotics for a chest and ear infection. I'm sure my remedies of soup, popsicles and rest would have eventually done the trick, but hopefully she will be back to her usual self even quicker now. On the walk from the surgery to the pharmacy, we enjoyed counting all of the garden snails stuck to the stone walls along the way. For the record, Wales must be a very hospitable place for garden snails as there were scads of them.

Otherwise there is not much to report. We are hoping to celebrate the 4th of July with some fellow Yanks at our house tomorrow evening. If we get up to any noteworthy high jinks, I will be sure to post.

If you're reading this from the land of the free and the home of the brave, I hope you have a wonderful and festive weekend!

No comments: