Wednesday, June 17, 2009

We'll Make Beatiful Music

Yesterday Emma's school had the big music assembly for upcoming juniors. Emma will officially move from "infants" to "juniors" next year, and this means (among other things) she can start learning an instrument in school. She had already told me that she wasn't interested in playing "anything that you have to blow in." Her instrument of choice was the violin.

Here is where I reveal what a terrible mother I am because have you ever heard a 7 year old try to play the violin? It is something I don't think I can cope with on top of the sleep deprivation that comes along with having a screaming newborn in the house. So her Dad and I have talked her into having a go with the guitar instead. If she is still gung ho about the violin in a couple more years, we will oblige, but for now, I think the guitar will be much more tolerable.

On another note...when I picked the kids up from school today, it was pouring down with rain. When we got home, Sophie immediately went into the kitchen and stripped off all of her clothes. Then she threw open the door to the back garden and ran out into the rain shouting, "LET IT BEGIN!!" I'm not sure what "IT" is, but it sure looked like good times.

No comments: