Friday, September 25, 2009

Get Out of the Way! I'm HUGE!

This is what 36+ weeks pregnant looks like. I'm not sure if I can accurately describe how it feels, but I know the end is near. My energy levels have been surprisingly good for the last couple of weeks, and I have been trying to sort out some business that I don't want to have to bother with when we have a new baby (like having the car inspected and serviced). I am doing my best to enjoy these last few weeks... the calm before the storm, as they say.

I also find that I am savouring quiet moments and find that I have little tolerance for television and other over-stimulating media. Books and sunshine seem to be calling my name these last few weeks.

I appreciate everyone's thoughts, prayers and well-wishes. The baby is still being naughty (as my friend Caroline would say) and remaining in the 'wrong' position. She gave me some fantastic kicks in my nether regions this morning while I was out shopping just to remind me that she is in charge here. I am still holding on to the hope that she could still turn...before 37 weeks even? Positive thinking and prayers never hurt!

3 comments:

Shay-Zee said...

I remember walking around in these maternity jeans that were way too big on my ass, and James made fun of me that I looked like a skater. Then, about about 36 weeks, they were too small. Demoralizing. But I am so happy you haven't had any preterm labor issues! In fact, aren't you technically full term now? You made it!

mamacarson said...

Thanks, Shay. My maternity jeans have also already been packed away... totally depressing. Yes, now we are basically considered full term, so bring on the baby...head first preferably!

David Carson said...

I think you look cute!