Thursday, September 3, 2009

They're Taking Over, Charlie Brown!

The pumpkin plants in our back patio have grown very quickly to resemble something from a horror film. We hardly have any patio left. If little Bill Cosby were here, he would undoubtedly be smearing Jell-o on the kitchen floor to deter their efforts to attack us! The photograph I took below with Sophie doesn't really accurately portray how monstrous the plants have become. They pompously sprawl across the patio as if they own the place. We are optimistically looking forward to a radiant crop next month. We currently have blossoms and tiny yellow fruits... so time will tell what these prodigious plants can produce!


Today was the first day back at school for the kids here. Emma returned at the end of the day with a full-on British accent and (as usual) plenty to say. Sophie also had a great day and said she enjoyed making a collage with her very nice teacher, Mrs. Bale. I, of course, enjoyed a little time to myself today... well, sort of to myself. I do have this constant companion who likes to grind her head under my ribs. (Yes, she's still breech.) I think we are all going to enjoy getting back into the routine. I am pleased to have a little peace and quiet and a chance to get all of my ducks in a row before NBG (that's "New Baby Girl") arrives.
I know my homeschooling friends would disagree, but...
"If there were no schools to take the children away from home part of the time, the insane asylums would be filled with mothers." ~Edgar W. Howe

No comments: