Sunday, January 4, 2009

I Don't Want It To End!!!

I am speaking of our vacation...or "stay-cation," as I recently heard someone call what we've been having, a vacation that doesn't require any packing or travel. George has to go back to work tomorrow, and the kids will be back at school on Wednesday. Boo-hoo. Last night I looked at George and said, "What day is it?" I love not knowing what day it is while on stay-cation.

We've just been hanging out. Emma and Sophie built a giant "play area" involving sheets and umbrellas upstairs today. (They had a little help from their dad.) They've also been playing Littlest Pet Shop on the Wii. (I highly recommend The Littlest Pet Shop for all of the five year old girls in your life.) George has been editing old family videos and working on a 1,000 piece jigsaw puzzle in the dining room. And I honestly can't tell you what I've been doing... supervising it all?? Whatever the case, it has been so enjoyable, and I am sad to see it go.

Yesterday we went to see this year's Cardiff "panto," Aladdin at the New Theatre in town. The show included several B-list British celebrities as well as a 3-D genie, which made it all the more exciting. And, of course, as with any proper pantomime, there was a fantastic drag queen, Ceri Dupree, who starred as Aladdin's flamboyant mother, the Widow Twankee. It was good fun. Afterwards we took the kids to a lovely Italian restaurant in town where I, as usual, spent half of my time in the restroom with one child or another. Next time we're having boys, and it will be George's turn to take endless trips to the bathroom with them. ha ha.

No comments: