Monday, January 11, 2010

Today


Dear Lili,
One day you will be a toddler who throws herself down on the floor and has a screaming temper fit.  One day you will be a snaggle-toothed little kid who decides to test her boundaries and mouth off to her mother.  One day you will be a teenager who thinks she knows way more than both of her parents combined.  But today... today, dear Lili, you are the sweetest thing I can imagine.  Not a single wicked thought has ever even flittered through your pretty little head.  Your eyes follow me wherever I go because today I am your everything.  I regularly earn glorious, joy-laden grins simply by cooing, "Hey Girl!" as I gaze into your bright blue eyes.  When you sleep, even your soft, baby bear snores are adorable.  Today I have the best job in the world, and that is because I know how quickly you will change.  I am trying to soak up each moment with you before this one year of baby-hood dashes past me.
"Babies are bits of stardust, blown from the hand of God."
-- Barretto


No comments: