Friday, November 6, 2009

Each Day Gets Better...

Today was better than yesterday, and with any luck, tomorrow will be a bit better than today. I started my day on the receiving end of a few Lili smiles. What could be better? She and I also managed to get a few hours of uninterrupted sleep in the night. The baby nappy taped under my bra did the trick, so for the first time since my surgery I wasn't soaked when I woke up. Hooray! I am starting to feel genuinely human again. "100%" and "normal" are goals reserved for the future, but for today, I am thrilled with the improvements I am experiencing.


George took this photo of Lili and me this afternoon.

  • We are standing in front of our new living room wall colour: Intense Truffle.
  • No, I'm not sure what the expression on Lili's face is all about. Give her a break. She's only a month old. She is still working on her look. ("Baby Blue Steel"?)
  • Miss Lili is indeed growing. The nurses weighed her a week ago when I was in the hospital, and she tipped the scales at just over 8 pounds.
  • As you can see, as of today, I am able to gingerly hold her over the right side of my chest again. This is a triumph and makes both of us girls extremely happy!

2 comments:

JaclynJohnson said...

Looking great, Meredith! Glad to hear today was a good day.

Why Momma Loves the Maxi Dress said...

SOOOOO Happy for a good report!! )))))) Lili is gorgeous!!!! I will hopefully get to mail your little bundle of goodies this week! But, I'll let you know when I do so you can be on the lookout! Much love and hugs from NC. Should I send Jell-o too?