Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Just Like Stella

... I'm starting to get my groove back. I haven't even thought about blogging this week because I have been too busy feeling human again!! Cooking meals and doing laundry has never felt so good. Obviously I am still up with Lil several times in the night, but she seems to settle down quickly after each feed. Today she has been positively slumberous, so I hope she won't make up for lost time at 3 am... yes, hopefully we are past all of that...touch wood.

I have been visiting the practice nurses at my local GP to have my wound cared for this week, and they have been very encouraging, even saying that after this week the wound will likely no longer need daily dressing. That's what I'm talking about, Mr. Nasty-Discouraging-Breast-Consultant! (Prayer, positive thinking and healthy eating, thank you very much!) And since I know you've been wondering... with the wound healing up so nicely, milk is no longer leaking out of it. This is a huge improvement in terms of my comfort and mobility. My left breast actually seems to be producing only the tiniest quantities of milk and is now less than half the size of its next door neighbor. Too much information? Well, let's change the subject then....

George is starring in a local dramatic production of a show called My Three Angels which opens on Thursday the 26th, our American Thanksgiving Day. We were in a similar situation last year when I was in the same drama troupe's production of A Christmas Carol, so we are, once again, celebrating Thanksgiving early this weekend. I was told today that there is currently a turkey shortage in Britain. I'm not sure why there is a shortage of turkeys, but this probably explains why George had to buy two smaller birds rather than one impressive-looking large one. Never mind, we still have ever so much to be thankful for, and we will be celebrating this weekend by consuming vast quantities with good friends.

Looking ahead with hope...

No comments: